Translink – Driving Excellence in the HR Profession
Translink has been named HR Team of the Year at the CIPD NI Awards 2014. The company also won the accolade for Organisational Learning and Development.
Presenting the awards last night in a gala ceremony at Larchfield Estate, Lisburn, Chair of CIPD NI, Donal Laverty said: “The standard of entries this year was exceptionally high. Translink were particularly impressive and are worthy winners of the Team of the Year award.”
Citi was Highly Commended in the Team of the Year category, while Highly Commendeds in the Organisational Learning and Development category went to Cooperation and Working Together, and BE Aerospace.
HR Professional of the Year went to Lynn Graham, HR Manager NI for Diageo, while the CIPD Chairman’s Special Achievement Award went to Professor Marie McHugh, Dean of the Ulster Business School at the University of Ulster. Mr Laverty said: “Professor McHugh is a recognisable and highly respected member of our HR family who has contributed in many ways to the ongoing development of the profession.”
The CIPD NI Awards, supported by headline sponsor Brightwater Recruitment Specialists, recognise excellence in the HR/personnel development profession and go to individuals, teams and organisations the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Stephanie Mulholland, NI Manager of Brightwater Recruitment Specialists, said: “We are proud to support CIPD in year two of the awards. It was amazing to see so much HR talent in the one room and to recognise so many new and successful initiatives.”
The trophies presented at the awards ceremony were created by glass artist Irene McBride from Discovery Glass, Comber.
Category Winners were:
- Employee Engagement Initiative of the Year – Niamh
- Highly Commended: AllstateNI and Diageo
- Health and Wellness Initiative of the Year – Antrim Borough Council
- Organisational Learning and Development – Translink
- Highly Commended: Cooperation and Working Together and BE Aerospace
- Change Management Programme of the Year – Citi
- Highly Commended: Newtownabbey Borough Council and Youth Enterprise NI
- Building HR Capability for the Future Award – First Trust Bank
- HR Team of the Year – Translink
- Highly Commended: Citi
- Outstanding HR Student of the Year – Lyndsey Boyle of Youth Enterprise NI
- Consultant of the Year – Louise Simpson, Momentum Human Capital
- HR Professional of the Year – Lynn Graham, Diageo
- CIPD Chairman’s Special Achievement Award – Prof Marie McHugh